Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a hiace and the hazards light wont turn off even when…

Customer Question
Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a hiace and the hazards light wont turn off even when the key is turned off. I pulled out the fuse and still wont go off??

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

All good on both of them.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pressed the hazard switch on and off. Took the fuse out. Played with the headlight on off. I just had to disconnect the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the hazard relay needing replaced as most models use a hazard relay for hazard light operation.If the relay is shorted internally it will cause this issue and will need replaced.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete