Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will an OEM 2010 Toyota Camry alloy wheel (16 inch) fit on a…

Customer Question
Will an OEM 2010...

Will an OEM 2010 Toyota Camry alloy wheel (16 inch) fit on a 2012 Camry that came with stock 16 inch steel rims?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

2012 Camry is in excellent condition. 2010 Camry alloy rims are take offs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replacing tires and rims . 2012 Camry has 2 bent rims from hitting curb avoiding hitting a dog.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also if upgrading to 17 inch alloys to 225x55x17 on 2011 Camry SE. Will it affect tires touching wheel fender or other parts

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this today.

The lug/hub pattern on the 2010 is the same as the 2012, so you can absolutely swap them over and it will be a direct fit.

You should be able to upgrade all the way to a size 18 wheel on the SE model, the only time you are going to get rubbing from it is if you go any bigger on tire size, but a 225-55-17 should fit just fine. Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Toyota,dealer stated that steel rims on my 2012 Camry has to be for 2012-2014 Camry with 20 holes. These steel rims only fit for 2012,2013,2014 Camrys. Wanted to know if 2010 Camry oem alloy rims will fit on 2012 Camry. Bolt pattern n size is the same for 2010 n 2012 Camry with 16 inch rims.

It looks like the offset sizes and hub patterns are the same. As long as the bolt pattern is the same and you have the correct lug nuts it should be able to be switched out. I would recommend lifting them up and swapping one of them to see what kind of clearance you have, as long as they can turn side to side and do not touch the brake assembly they will be ok to replace

Ok. Thought it was something in the inner size to clear the larger caliper on the 2012 compared to the 2010 steel rims. 2012 has 20 holes vs 2010 with 16. The 17 alloys will fit on the 2012 but the 16s is the rim that I want to know if it will fit properly. I'll try to see if it fits.
Yeah the caliper is the only issue I see that there could be, easiest thing at this point will be to double check and put one on and spin it
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician