KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORECTLY.
5629372

I need to bleed the brakes but I've gotten conflicting

Customer Question

I need to bleed the brakes but I've gotten conflicting information about the proper bleed sequence for a 2003 toyota avalon.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota Avalon. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I think i may have gotten air into the system and I'm reading that in that case I may need to have it bled with a special tool that cycles the ABS system valves to get the air out.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 12 months ago.

You should not need to use a scan tool to bleed the brake son this car. You start at the passenger rear wheel first, then the drivers rear, passenger front then the drivers front. You will want to pump the brakes up 10 times with the engine off, and hold the pedal then open the proper bleeder valve. Then pump the pedal 15 times again and hold. Do not get in a hurry when pumping the pedal, if you move to fast it can trap air in the line. Take your time and bleed each wheel 10 times before going to the next wheel. Also watch your fluid level and do not let it get to low or you will have to start the bleeding all over.