Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a Fortin EVO-ONE remote starter that I am trying to…

Customer Question
I have a Fortin...

I have a Fortin EVO-ONE remote starter that I am trying to install in a 2005 Camry LE. The Fortin diagram says there is a white colored, single line, 7-pin connector to the right of the steering column where the Rx wire connects to pin 4 and the Tx wire connects to pin 5. I cannot locate that connector. The wiring diagram says the PATS RX data wire should be green/white for pin 4 and the PATS TX data wire should be blue/yellow for ppin 5. I can't seem to find this connector. Any help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Toyota Camry. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

All the other wire connections for the remote starter seem to be located, just not the connector for the PATS Rx and Tx.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
11/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, in order for me to pull the wiring diagram and connector locations, I need to get the vin number of your vehicle.

4T1BE32K95U406154

Ok, are you wanting to tie into the transponder key amplifier/coil or the transponder key ECU

The amplifier/coil is at the ignition switch itself and the ECU is behind the glove box

Which wire is the Tx and which is the Rx at the ignition coil at the switch?

Him

TX is blue with yellow stripe

RX is green with white stripe

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

I am not seeing any green/white or blue/yellow wires anywhere near the switch. There are multiple green/white and blue/yellow wires at the ECU, but I don't see both on the same set of wires. Any way you can narrow it down so I don't do trial and error? I am attaching photos. I have installed several of these Fortin remote starters and rarely is the diagram exactly as the vehicle, but I have always been able to figure it out, but not sure on this one.

Unfortunately I dont have connector pinouts for this one. I will opt out and open this up to other experts

Since this was not answered, please refund my payment.