Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Yellow triangle with "!" lights ups and sometimes beep when…

Customer Question
Yellow triangle with "!"...

Yellow triangle with "!" lights ups and sometimes beep when I make a turn. Seems to happen more with right turns.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Upper left on the array/cluster of instrument lights. I might be using the wrong terms.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it myself unless it is simple like putting more air in the tires.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The warning stays on for less than a second while making a turn. Sometime with a beep.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you I will try to help you with this issue ,is there also a check engine light on with Red triangle ,and does the triangle goes away after you finish turn and what is HV level charge
Please let me know
Chad
Less the a second is quick for sure but enough for a capable Toyota scanner to pick up the fault code needed here so we can pull up trouble shoot ,with that said it could be your steering aglngle sensor needs recalibration or replacement but either way we need to scan it to be accurate on itYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
No check engine light on with or without Red triangle.
Triangle light is on for less than a second.
I seems as if you are not reading my response. The triangle blinks on (some times with a beep.)
Sorry I got you reply in to pieces just seen that ( comes on just for few seconds ), unfortunatley no on answer on this ,,most likely steering angle sensor , but that is the most common , testing is needed or we will be guessing and end up throwing parts at it, if you Get fault codes , you can post them back here for me and I can help you further and be more accurate on it .