Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Toyota Rav4 just driving down road and sound…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Toyota Rav4 just driving down road and sound stopped coming out of radio.Radio lights up and all functions are working what can be wrong with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Radio face

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked to see if fuse are good all ok checked plugs on back of radio and amp all look ok checked for power and grounds at amd ok

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

ok

If you can be patient and wait till tomorrow evening I can check our shop notes and wiring diagram for this to help you better. In the mean time if you have a circuit tester and or multi-meter check fore power at the radio plug, red wire. There are two circuits that go to the radio, illumination for the light and radio and or acc for power .check those also on both sides for power. I will post my info tomorrow for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

to morrow will be fine will you be emailing the info. radio is on and all functions work just no sound out of speaker

no we can continue on here and I may be sending some info via attachments.

Ok thanks

I'm sorry forgot to ask what radio system is in it? JBL OR Toyota

It’s a JBL

Ok thanx for that info I will go over our wiring diagrams latter today and be back this evening to proceed in helping you.

See you this evening.

Ok
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago

Ok the cartridges are here and can download the wiring diagrams so we can proceed. But you will have to accept the service I will be offering you because I have done this in the past and people have just run off with my info leaving me wasting my time and an expense to me. So if your serious in solving this as I'm sure you are we can proceed. Also you are protected with a satisfactory grantee through our sight so you have nothing to loose.

Ok but I will be out of town till Friday after thanksgiving I thought I did that that the beginning when I gave my card info. What else do I need to do? Thank you for your time please let me know what I need to do so we can get started

when your ready to pusue this I will offer the service then you merely accept on your end so we can continue. So you tell me when you expect to be ready?

Ok

just checking in

Sorry for the delay we have family here for holiday and they are using the car I will get with you when I get car back sured be middle of week again sorry for delay
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician