Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Unable to release hood. Battery is dead

Customer Question
Unable to release hood ...

Unable to release hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Battery is dead

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok what you want to do is repeatedly pull on release lever while someone else tries to pull upwards on hood, this usually gets it, the person pulling up on hood will have to apply a lot of force as sometimes these latches get very stuck

there is no tension on the inside latch, I think the cable is broken.

ok if the cable is broken you will be able to pull the cable out, so pull the release lever assembly and detach cable from assembly and pull on that with a pair of pliers to see if you get any tension

Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

did you get it?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician