Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The immobilizer will not allow it to start. I replaced the…

Customer Question
The immobilizer will not...

The immobilizer will not allow it to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I replaced the battery and terminals. It still w

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2011 tundra sr5 4.6 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing else

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My keys were hanging up with all my other keys

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/20/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

have you tried any procedures yet? most of our newer ones require a scan tool to reset them but I can give you some of the earlier procedures to try if you wish.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Is it possible to get the same keys reprogrammed to my truck?

yes there should be no issue doing that, but you need to have it hooked up to a scanner that can do that and check the number of keys already regitered as can only have up to 5 sub keys and 2 masters. If at max you can erase some to accommodate others.

Thanks

Is there anything else I can do for you? if not please take the time to rate my service as I do not get credit if you don't, thank you.