Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

After replacing timing belt crankshaft cannot be turned a…

After replacing timing belt...

After replacing timing belt crankshaft cannot be turned a complete revolution. 2.2 4 cyl. toyota 1996 mod.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

100,000+

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Toyota?

camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes when turning crank from tdc it goes about a half turn and stops like it`s hitting somthing solid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

From that point it turn`s about a full rev before stopping solid

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the original timing broke, or did you do it for maitenance?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Maintence
Phone call session started

what is your phone number?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH