Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2017 Toyota highlander will not crank the starter. I have a…

2017 Toyota highlander will...

2017 Toyota highlander will not crank the starter. I have a keyless and a push start button. Message says braking power low

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes its goog

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I start tge vehicle following the manual emergency start fuction. The engine start but it would not shift to gear. I Have no brake light at the back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The transmiission shify by puching the bypass button near the gearshift.

11/19/2017
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you tried to jump start this vehicle by chance yet? Also, how many miles are on the vehicle roughly? you didn't happen to leave a light on, interior light on or glove box light or any other light on by chance did you?

Everything is ok. The engine start using the emergency procedure. Una
ble to shift in gear due to the brake lights not working. I guess it controla the transmission so ypu can put it in gear. Wondering wheres the brake light fuse located. I only have 10,000 miles on it

Try this, turn the ignition on, put the transmission in neutral, then start the engine and put it into gear. It's possible it's just the brake light switch, but check the brake light fuses as well. Vehicle is under warranty unless it is a salvage or flood vehicle, so Toyota roadside assistance could come out and help you out. I would get it back to the dealer asap since it is under warranty and let them look at the brake light switch and fix any power issues if it's not the switch. Does that answer your questions? thank you.

Just blown brake fuse. Thank you

Alright, check the brake lights a few times now, sometimes a bulb can cause the fuse to blow but if the lights work everytime now it's possible you could have just had a weak fuse. Thank you and let us know if you have any further questions.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need any further help just let us know. Thank you.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician