Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

03 Camry AC LIGHT blinking. Fuse is good. Replaced mag

Good morning. 03 Camry...

Good morning. 03 Camry AC LIGHT blinking. Fuse is good. Replaced mag clutch relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

133,000. Mo slipping or sticking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Fuse, relay, cabin filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

11/19/2017
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause of the AC light blinking is a bad AC MG CL relay. The MG CL relay is in the fuse panel under the hood. I would replace it. There is another common problem with the AC light blinking. On the AC compressor, there si a safety feature that measures if the compressor is truning at the proper RPM. This is called the AC LOCK SENSOR. If the compressor locks up, as in an internal failure, the power to the AC MG CL relay is cut, and the compressor clutch stops working. The relay is easy to change, just get a new one and pop it in. The sensor will require removal of the compressor.

If you have any questions, please reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.

Already replaced the mc relay.

Then the Lock sensor is bad. Nothing else causes the light to blink. THere are two different compressors for your vehicle. One has a removable sensor, the other type requires a replacement compressor. You local Toyota dealer parts dept can tell you which you have if you give them your 17 digit vehicle identification number.

Thank you.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert