Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mechanic says Freon is leaking and blower not working. Says…

Customer Question
Mechanic says Freon is...

Mechanic says Freon is leaking and blower not working. Says control head needs to be replaced for blower to work.Total hours to replace Freon parts is 10 hours. Total cost $4100. Car has 110,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Hoses original. Local in Florida

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?

Camry hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it reason to repair

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me what the Freon parts that he wants to replace?

No

The new AC control panel lists for $778 plus another hour to replace it so that account for about $800 to $900 of the amount you have listed. With out know what other parts he want to replace its would be hard to determine if the pricing is accurate. I suspect hes replacing the compressor and the hoses for that amount of money but do not know for sure. As to weather its worth it then you will have to decide if the car is worth more then the repair and it should be as long as the overall condition of the rest of the car is in good shape.. You also need to consider if you plan of keeping it after the repair. Your mileage on this one is not that big of a factor as well. These cars are designed well and can exceed 200,000 plus miles with proper maintenance. Its going to come down to your preference and weather this expense is worth it to you.