Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Tundra that overflows gas from the tank every…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Tundra that overflows gas from the tank every time I pump gas to it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It seems normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its in the shop but the mechanic hasn't figured out whats causing it yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

On;y 2 things can be to blame. There is a restriction in the fuel tank inlet or the EVAP system is not allowing the tank to breath and expel its vapors into the charcoal canister. The more common is the vapor vent valve on the tank stuck closed and when you ful up the liquid takes the place of the air and that air needs to go somewhere but can not and that results in the nozzle sensing pressure.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris