Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My rear window on my 2007 Toyota 4 runner will not go back…

Customer Question
My rear window on...

My rear window on my 2007 Toyota 4 runner will not go back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the rear wiper and tried to raise it w the switch on the dash and the button on the key fob. The key fob button lowered it. The switch on the dash when pushed the window tries to go up but then after raising about three inches will go back down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No. It seems to be working. How can I check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The rear door will not open either

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Are y’all going to answer my question?
What fuse it to the rear window????
11/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Are you handy taking off the rear door panel to do some tests ? Also we have experienced the elements getting into the back mechanism corroding things up so we need to check for that as well.

If need be I can also check wiring diagrams to check further as need arises.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I can’t take the rear panel off because I’m driving five hours away from home. I can try to in the morning, and hopefully, we can get this figured out.

can wait till ur ready to proceed