Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

The engine light, VSC, and trac off light is on. I have a

Customer Question
the engine light, VSC, and...
the engine light, VSC, and trac off light is on. I have a 2008 Sienna and would like to know if it's safe to drive? The earliest appointment I can get with the dealership is 12/7
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: What code. I'm not a technition
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 27 days ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you noticed anything different in the way the vehicle runs, or drives since the lights have come on?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have not noticed any difference in the way the car operates since the light came on. Is it still safe to drive it and what should I be aware of?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is it safe to drive the vehicle
It is not safe because it is possible that the abs or traction control will not activate when the warning lights are on.

You can still drive the vehicle with no abs but you may want to be aware that it could fail to work if needed. If you haven't noticed anythng different in its performance or handling that you can still drive it. Typically a failed wheel bearing or speed sensor will turn on those lights.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician