Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Prius starts in accessory mode with warning light engine not

starting JA: Just to clarify, what...
Prius starts in accessory mode with warning light engine not starting
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Red triangle with exclamation
JA: What year is your Prius?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I parked it it said batteries will not charge if axle is in neutral and I turned the car off
11/16/2017
john
john, The Car Guy

so when you go to start it what happens?

john
john, The Car Guy
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
When i start it with foot on the brake all the lights turn on but no "0mph" , no sound of engine turning on. There is a red triangle with a exclamation in in on the dash and the lights are dimming on the dash
Cary York
Phone call session started
john
john
john, The Car Guy