Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Im looking to buy a 2006 Toyota Tacoma is has 206000 miles…

Customer Question
Im looking to buy...

Im looking to buy a 2006 Toyota Tacoma is has 206000 miles one onwer is this alot of miles there asking 7700 $ low blue book

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Its basic truck is this a good value

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/16/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Number one when buying a used vehicle check it's service history and have it checked out by your mechanic . That being said I think for not only the mileage but year of vehicle that is a little steep depending on condition $5500-6000 tops. Also make sure you have the frame checked out by Toyota as we had recalls on them for premature rusting where we actually had to replace many frames . Hope this helps you decide what your next step is.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Is there anything else I can do for you or other information you need? I f not please take the time to rate my service positively, thank you.