Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have water on the passenger side floor board. I checked

I have water on the...
I have water on the passenger side floor board. I checked the front window drain and that doesn't seem to be it. Also both plugs under the floor mats are fine.and the hose for the ac is connected.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No but my heat works great!
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 Matrix SRX
JA: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the window cowling and cleaned under that, cleaned the sunroof drains. They had smook but weren't totally clogged.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I park it outside. I do not see where it is dripping water inside anywhere. It seems to be greatest about halfway into the passenger floor. I have not had the windshield replaced in some time. The doors are closed the door and window seals seem intact
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you been running the A/C lately? Has your matrix got a sun roof?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not been running my ac. I do have a sunroof and cleaned out the drains. There was some smook
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I live in Oregon and it is rainy here.

aw how did you clean those drains out? wouldn't hurt to check the A/C drain as well for clogging up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I simply wiped the drains out.
Is the ac drain under the front carpeting? How would I check them other than to look at the seals and hose to see if they are intact

so you just wiped the top of the sunroof drains?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used a paper towel to wipe them off

Do you want me to tell you how to fix this and any drain in your vehicle fast and easy using the service I have offered

no pressure as we can continue texting let me know how you wish to continue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I won’t be able to go back to it until tomorrow. Right now I have a tarp over it
Could we talk tomorrow? Or can you send me instructions and I will try it after work tomorrow

N/P simple to do, that did not clean the drains in the sunroof, you have to run something down threw the tube to clean it out. you can use this method to clean both sides and your A/C drain as well. If you pull the lower plastic kick-panel away you'll see that's where the water is coming from . After you get the water stopped from coming in you will have to wet vac out the moisture from the carpet and dry it out . Now here is the easy and proper way to clean those drains, never use compressed air as this can blow the tubes off their fittings and still have a leak. " Simply get yourself some heavy weed-wacker plastic cord ,080 cut it long enough to go from the top of your vehicle to the ground, connect one end to a small drill and set at it's lowest speed. [ You don't want it wiping around too fast] Then you simply run that up and down a couple times and follow up with gently pouring some water down those tubes to see if they drain. " That's it , it works like a rout o router.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will try this tomorrow

Good luck and I will check you progress tomorrow then G/N

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician