Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I hav a 2003 Toyota Tundra 4.7lt. I need to know how I can…

Hi there I hav a...
Hi there I hav a 2003 Toyota Tundra 4.7lt. I need to know how I can test this canister vent solenoid. If is good or bad
11/15/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

You can try to blow through it or use a vacuum pump to see if it holds vacuum then when you connect power/ground to it the vacuum should release or you should be able to blow through it which would prove it is opening/closing as it should. Let me know if you have questions, thank

It should click if I apply 12vt and ground

That is correct.

When I jump in 12 vt and ground is short to ground.

That is correct, you can use power/ground directly from battery.

It doesn’t make click. It feel like jumpin - to +

I'd still try the blow/vacuum test to be sure, sometime they don't click loud enough to hear but it does sound like the solenoid has probably failed.

The new one does the same too

What is problem you are trying to figure out? I'm assuming you are getting a code?

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician