Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a problem with my engine light and the code has come

Customer Question
back Bank 1 Sensor 1...
I have a problem with my engine light and the code has come back Bank 1 Sensor 1 Air fuel oxygen sensor. I have purchased no less then 3 which all seem to last about a day and a half then the light comes back on. I pull them out and they are black as can be. I put a new Denso Mass air flo sensor in it and still the same code? This is expensive, any ideas?
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: yes mam.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: The number on this last sensor is 89467-33030 2004 Toyota Avalon XLS
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 now 4 Denso Bank 1 Sensor 1 Air fuel Oxygen sensor and 1 Denso Mass air flo sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have taken it to my shop (Shoemakers Auto Repair in Kalamazoo, Mich) 2 times at 160.00 per time. The last one I did myself and not sure about this last one. It only took me about 1/2 hr. and saved a lot of money as I'm on a fixed income. My fuel mileage has decreased appreciably
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
11/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ron Z., - Toyota Tech - replied 1 month ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

The A/F Sensor you have replaced, was it on the side of the engine closest to the front of the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the back of the engine by the firewall

Ok. Great. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How Much is this going to cost me a total I’m on a fixed income

My apologies. There are only a handful of Techs that take phone calls. Unfortunately, I am not one. If you'd like, we can continue here in Q&A chat and I can provide you with the information and help you need, and I can handle any follow-ups you may have. If you'd rather wait for a phone call, please standby until an available Tech can take your call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long will it be, and is it worth the money? How much in total will this cost me?

Unfortunately, I have no control over billing what so ever. If you have a billing/price question, you will need to contact customer service. There is a link at the bottom of the page. Shouldn't be long for a phone call. There are a few Techs online that take calls now. Sit tight one moment... the next available Tech will be right with you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to proceed as inexpensively as possible. So how much?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please cancel the call
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician