Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its making a grinding noise when i turn the steering wheel…

Customer Question
Its making a grinding...

Its making a grinding noise when i turn the steering wheel all the way to the left

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes, it wasn't low or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2017 tacoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. I'm taking it for the 5000 mile check up tomorrow and was going to have the dealership look to see what was wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was seeking a water type fluid on the right side under the passenger seet leeking

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 5 months ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Is the leak under the truck or inside of it? And is the grinding noise present when sitting still or moving? Will it do it turning right as well or only left?
under the truck, but it didnt leak at all on sunday, only saturday. it only grinds when i turn my wheel all the way to the left
only when moving too, like pulling into a parking spot
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician