Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced ignition switch it wont sart now. 99 toyota

Customer Question
I replaced ignition switch...

I replaced ignition switch it wont sart now

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been stalling out?

99 toyota camry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I forgot to disconect grond cable

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tahts it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
switch got taking off without unlocking steering wheel and ground cable was not disconected
now the vehicle wont star
11/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 5 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

have you checked all of your fuses?

you might have blown one when changing the switch

cam

I have checked all fuses they aré good, could it be something else it does want to star but its not
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you checked the high ampere fuse-able links? These are the larger fuses that handle a high ampere to a circuit. These are what bows first to save the circuits.I will send you a pic of what yours may look like and where to find them. You will have to check the centers of them very carefully for breaks or dis-colorization in the centers.

930747dc-3477-4d8b-8d69-...gif930747d...gif5d2416ae-10d0-4920-90f5-...jpg5d2416a...jpg61e76574-2677-4b86-b8d8-...jpg61e7657...jpg41591708-b998-4997-9095-...jpg4159170...jpg

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago

Please take the time to rate my service if your satisfied or let me know if you still need help.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician