Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a problem with my toyota higlander 2008 Sport trim…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my toyota higlander 2008 Sport trim the Headlight high beam are not woriking

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just checked the fuses and the bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A friend of mine check it and says that the switch is OK. he thinks is the relay the issue need help to find that relay

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

What is your question ?

Have you checked in the main fuse block under the hood for that relay , it should be marked on the underside of the cover for that block. Also check your owners book they sometimes have the locations of all fuses and relays in there . In the mean time I will check our shop wiring diagrams and get back to you tomorrow as I need to go to work to get this info.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

I have checked and I have not found it. FYI, I'm the owner, not a mechanic. I have now owner manual.
I need information on what can be happening, also the exact location of the proper relay

I understand ans will supply you with any and all info that you may need to solve this and you may ask for any thing you feel may help you understand as well. Right now I will send you a diagram from our shop page showing the location of all these items to check, I will be out for this evening but will check back tomorrow and follow up.

Do you have a circuit tester and or multi-meter to do these basic checks ? Will you be doing this work or just want an opinion what it can be?

Also if you have a shop close by that has a scanner to read any body ECU codes this would also help.

I will not be doing the job. I will take it to a shop, but I want to go with the solution in the hand. I'm in the dominican republic and unfortunatly the shops here do a lot of test and try, so they make us waste time and money.
Even when I go with the solution they still want to argue, so I need just to go and point to them what to change. Not even telling them what is the issue.
Eve if I don't have a light on the dashboard, the scanner can show codes ???
I dont have any light ON

yes especially if located in the body ECU as this is not a engine management area. There are three relays in that circuit but only one that is common to both lights so that is where I would check first and that one is in the power distribution module shown on that diagram I sent you. This is where I feel the problem is.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician