Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car cranks over tries to start but will not. 2012 Toyota…

Customer Question
Car cranks over tries...

Car cranks over tries to start but will not

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2012 Toyota corolla four-cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I’ve checked all fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also when turning the key and letting off The car continues the crank over for a second or so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

First of all we need to check if we are dealing with a spark or fuel problem, so can you try something? Have someone crank the engine and spray a little quick start into the intake and see if it tries to fire.Let me know.

It tries to fire now without doing that just will not

Ok then it may not be getting enough fuel to keep running, so we should check the fuel pressure at the rails. also check all the related fuses in the cabin as well as the main fuse block under the hood. When checking these use a test light on both sides for power

can you do those tests to start eliminating things and get back to me.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

I will check them out and get back with you

excellent! I will be out for the evening but will get back to read any notes you have for me and continue from there.

I went out and checked all fuses inside the car all we're good I try to start the car again and it fired up and it is running now I shut it off and it starts back up not sure what the problem was or still is

keep me informed will check back tomorrow good luck

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician