Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to replace the actuator of my 09 Venza rear passenger…

Customer Question
Trying to replace the...

Trying to replace the actuator of my 09 Venza rear passenger door. Took the panel off. However have not figured it out to remove the actuator - it is blocked by the window track

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Bought an replacement actuator online. Stopped at the last step: switch the old one with the new one. Cannot take the old one out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is the only question I have at the moment.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that rear window assembly will need to be removed, the track needs to be taken out and the window removed from the window regulator and pulled out then you can access the actuator

I believe I am pretty handy above average. But I have never done it before. Is removing a window a major job?

yes I would consider that job for a mid to high level technician

How much is the repair cost if I take it to a dealer or a shop, excluding the part?

they should only charge 1-2 hours labor for that, you already have the part so that should be it

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!