Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My alternator fuse blew and when trying to take it out we…

Customer Question
My alternator fuse blew...

My alternator fuse blew and when trying to take it out we discovered the prongs on the fuse melted into the block, so now i have to replace the block. Problem is i can not find one anywhere to buy. I'm not even sure what to look for because there are 3 fuse blocks under the hood of my car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The specific block im looking for is the one connected to the positive terminal of my battery. It contains the 60A, 80A, and 100A fuses.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/13/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Whats the year make and model of the vehicle?

1997 Toyota RAV4

ok looking for that now, jut to make sure im looking for the right thing do you have a picture of the broken part?

I have the cover of the block if that helps. If not, i can run outside to get the picture needed.

any extra info would be a great help, this way we get you the correct part

ok. I'll be right back

that is awesome ok looking now for parts, this may take a min

Take your time. That seems to be all I have.

ok pretty sure I located it, I need to call the dealer in the morning, toyota like to provide kid like drawings the dont resemble anything your looking for, so ill need to confirm the correct part tomorrow

Ok, Thats all i've been finding as well. Thank you so much for your help, sir.
About what time would you say you are going to call them tomorrow morning, sir?

prob around noon, im on the east coast. if its discontinued I will locate the part via a used part company also after noonish

sir. I was trying to see if i could possibly find one tonight online, but if i couldn't i was planning on calling the local auto salvages to see in any of them had an older RAV4 with the same part, since none were open today. I'm probably going to do so, just in case. If I were to find one tomorrow morning before you had the chance to call, how would I contact you to tell you I found it?

oh just leave a message on here and ill see it when I log in

whats your zip so I can search the locals

31707