Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

On my 2007 Camry LE the "brake light" and the "ABS" light

On my 2007 Camry LE...
On my 2007 Camry LE the "brake light" and the "ABS" light come on and the speedometer and tachometer stop working, all at once while I am driving.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: The ABS and the brake warning light are on simultaneously
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to a repair garage. They said I need a new electronic board for
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I got enough trouble
11/12/2017
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

When you took it into the garage did they scan the skid control trac control system for diagnostic codes, do you happen to have this information?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Codes Pulled: C0210 RR Wheel Speed Sensor Fault, C0215 LR Wheel speed sensor fault, C1241 Battery Voltage too high or too low, U0073 Control Module Communication Bus off
U0100 Lost Communication with ECM, PCM
U0129 Lost Communication with Brake System Control Module
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a solution other than a complete replacement?

Thanks, ***** ***** check on something and get back to you shortly.

The main code to be concerned about is the U0073, basically it means the abs computer has lost communication with the ECM. It usually means the ABs control module needs to be replaced, this is an expensive part so I would recommend getting another opinion from a Toyota dealer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You're welcome and best of luck to you,.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech