Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have several questions, all about the trunk. Is there a…

Customer Question
I have several questions...

I have several questions, all about the trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

Is there a how to guide on replacing the release cable? I can't release the trunk using the key FOB. Is this because the trunk release cable is broken?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 Camry XLE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, I just bought the car 3 days ago, and the cable was wound up in the trunk. So I know it needs replacing. But, could this stop the trunk from opening when I try to open it from the key FOB?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to repair the JBL amp without having to purchase a pricey replacement?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/12/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** am currently reviewing your question and will reply shortly.

I have been trying to locate the trunk cable replacement directions, and I have been unable to locate it. It may not have any publication on my end due to the simplicity of the repair. That should not stop the trunk from opening with the key fob. There are a couple things you can try. First make sure the trunk cancel switch it not on, its located in the glove box. Then if you have a keyhole in the trunk area make sure that its not in the valet position. turn the keyhole vertical or vice versa then retry. If all that dont work, you may need a new actuator latch assy.

As for the JBL amp, the only course of action is to replace it.