Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I cannot put the car in park to turn or off the car. 2014…

Customer Question
I cannot put the...

I cannot put the car in park to turn or off the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014 Prius c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car was on when i went to park. It wouldn’t go in so I used the emergency brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

Then I forced in park to turn off the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven’t checked and I don’t know how

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/11/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

Check the 12 volt auxiliary battery in the trunk, it may be low and needs to be recharged or possibly replaced.