Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I run a fleet of 10 prius v's, the hybrid and check engine

I run a fleet of...
I run a fleet of 10 prius v's , the hybrid and check engine light were on for a long time, each time I changed oil I cleared the computer and the lights went for off about a few days or a weak , at one point the hybrid lights never came and the hybrid system started working good,
so I have had another one the same and this time I waited a long time but eventually changed the battery, I have another one that came on recently, any clues as to why the first one get better on its own?
11/11/2017
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, my name is***** am reviewing your question.
I take it, the codes were replace battery pack codes?
I'll explain briefly, the power management ecu looks at all battery pack voltages, there is an unknown algorithm but if it's within a certain range it'll pop the code on. It's possible that the certain battery pack voltage was probably out just enough to pop the code, after clearing it and being driven the battery cell was bright within range as it charges when braking. It may have been a fluke, but In my experience the replace battery pack code is a death code in my book. It's just a matter of when not if it will fail.
Bright= brought
If the answer is acceptable, please give me a good rating as my compensation depends upon it. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it happened again same car , code Came back ,dashboard lights came back on , hybrid system didn’t work, I️ didn’t the neg on the reg battery terminal and hybrid systems working again fir about a week ok 500 miles ,
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Last time I️ disconnected it worked fir 6 months ,
Yeah, I've seen them reset in a, couple minutes. But, hybrid battery pack would need to be replaced soon.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Could it be the ecu?
Anything is possible when speculating, but In my experience, I have never seen one or heard of one being replaced for a battery pack code.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Is it expensive To install video
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Retail
I'm sorry, if your need to ask another question, you will have to post a new one.

Please don't forget to rate my answer on the hv battery question.

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician