Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car will not start. Getting fuel and spark, no check engine…

Customer Question
Car will not start...

Car will not start. Getting fuel and spark, no check engine codes. Car will not start 2009 Toyota Corolla S

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

The car in not throwing any trouble codes

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Toyota Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has new spark plugs and coils, cleaned out throttle body, fuel systems has been flushed,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/11/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What was the fuel pressure when you checked?

Not sure but it was checked at the dealership last week

So it was not starting at the dealer and they didnt fix it?

It ran well for a week then went back to original problems of not starting. It all began with my wife, she fires the car up and immediately slams it into reverse, before the rpms go down to a normal level, now the car will not start, new plugs, coils, new battery

is there any warning lights on in the dash?

No trouble codes at all. Car tries to start, and cranks normally, but will not fire over
I️ also pulled the plus and verified spark

ok with no codes and no security lights the fuel pressure needs to be verified and make sure the injectors are firing, they may have checked it at the dealer but this is a new day and they could be bad

What should the pressure be?

44-49

if the fuel pressure checks out ok where would you suggest going from there?

check your injectors to make sure they are firing

hows it going?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician