Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put a new battery in it. Now it wont turn over and the…

Customer Question
I put a new...

I put a new battery in it. Now it wont turn over and the alarm is going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2003 corolla

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. I know it needed a new battery. So thats all i have done. Replaced battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is corrosion on the positive side that i have cleaned off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this the OEM alarm or an aftermarket one added to the vehicle?

It is extremely rare for the OEM to be to blame.

I don't know it's an alarm

This alarm, tell me what is going off. Is the horn honking solid or pulsing?

Are the exterior lamps flashing?

Will it crank and start?

Any out of place wiring or lights or switches on the drivers side below the steering column or above the driver's feet?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris