Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Vsc lights came on check engine started to blink and the car…

Customer Question
Vsc lights came on...

Vsc lights came on check engine started to blink and the car is sputtering

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blink

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 fj

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, nothing just happend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that about covers it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

THE CAR HAS WEAK POWER , SPUTTERS LIKE MISFIRING.......VSC LIGHT ON AND STEADY THE CHECK ENGINE IS BLINKING

The VSC LIGHTS COME ON IF THE ecu DETECTS A WRONG OR BAD INPUT , THIS IS TO DISABLE THAT FUNCTION UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. SO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS SCAN THE ecu FOR CODES . once YOU HAVE THE CODES AND POST THEM TO ME WE CAN PROCEED TO DIAGNOSE YOUR ISSUE. I will await your findings and continue helping you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

THATS IT GO GET THE CAR CHECKED OUT AND GIVE YOU THE CODES, IF YOU HAVD TO GUESS WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS
CAN I LEAVE THIS SCREEN ON MY COMPUTER TILL TOMORROW?
HOW DO I GET BACK TO YOU?

yes this dialog will remain open for about 3 days so I can check back tomorrow if you have any info.

THANKS, ***** *****

tomorrow then.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician