Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car is making a clicking buzzing sound when I turn the…

Customer Question
My car is making...

My car is making a clicking buzzing sound when I turn the key and ignition. The car turns on and everything works I just hear that for about 20 sec. and it goes aways.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It is in park when this happens because it is when I first start the car. my knowledge it doesn't have a wheel lock feature

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2002 Camry LXE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing to it. I'm a college student

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/9/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this.

Does the clicking noise sound like it coming from the dash area?