Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2001 corolla will start fine but I can't put it into any…

Customer Question
My 2001 corolla will...

My 2001 corolla will start fine but I can't put it into any gears when it is running. when its shuts off I can move the stick shift into all the gears. would this mean it is my clutch is gone?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

I cant shift at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

My plan is to fix it myself if its the clutch. I'm just trying to figure out if it is the clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/9/2017
Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 8 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

It does sound like it is the clutch. have you tried pumping the pedal to see if it will allow you to shift? I have found sometimes this works. How many km/miles are on corolla? and also just to make sure before replacing the clutch have you checked for any fluid leaks in the system?

Also if you need any assistance or have any questions while replacing the clutch feel free to ask.

Nelson

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 8 months ago

do you still need assistance with your problem?

Also can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating