Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No power to fuel injectors or coil packs and crank sensor,

Customer Question
on 2006 Toyota Matrix....
No power to fuel injectors or coil packs and crank sensor, on 2006 Toyota Matrix.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is likely going to be an issue with the ECM. The ECM is what provides power to all of the components that you have mentioned. In order to confirm this, you will need to have the vehicle scanned for codes in order to determine the area of concern. Also, be sure that the anti-theft feature is not armed. You will notice a anti-theft light on the dash. If the module is the case, then you will need to replace the module. If the anti-theft system is armed, then the issue is likely to be the immobilizer or the key has malfunctioned. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits. I have highlighted the areas to inspect. The highlights shows all power leading back to the ECM.

You may also want to inspect the C/OPN relay, even though I doubt this is the issue, that is located in the inside fuse box. Here I am attaching the location information for the relay along with verified repair information concerning your issue.

No codes, new key, Let me call and check on the antitheft light

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

Will The antitheft light stay on constantly
If it’s an issue

Yes, the theft light will stay illuminated. Here, I am attaching operation information for the anti-theft system.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Yeah I’m probably going to need more help, but I’ll be in touch.

No problem.

OK so Mike Mechanic told me before we had the key replaced the security light was flashing, now he says he turns it on and it just goes off like it should.
Do you know that if we have to replace this ECM does it have to be reprogrammed?
I just noticed that you highlighted that stuff I didn’t read that far, so I need to go through and check for 12 V on all the highlighted stuff correct?

The highlight wiring is showing the routes of the wiring going to the ECM. You should be getting voltage from the ECM to these components. Also, if you do have to replace the ECM, then the VIN will have to be programmed into the vehicle.

you wouldn't think the ignition switch could cause any of these problems?

I doubt that very seriously.

Okay I'm headed to the shop so that we can test all this stuff, the guy who did the key said it look like the ECM had been messed with because the bolts were loose, do you know why the security light would be flashing before we got a new key?
Never mind, it's just flashing whenever the key is pulled out, and I believe that's normal.
Can u tell me if 89661-02k43 is the right computer for vin# *****
Hello?

I'm sorry. I am under a vehicle. Give me a few moments in order to complete the job, then I can check the data I have.

Cool

Hello. My apologies. I am just finished working. Here is the information that you have requested. I am attaching the part and labor information for the ECM.

That isnt my part number

This is the information that is listed from the manufacturer. You will need to contact the dealer for updated part information.

I'm on my way to the shop to start testing the computer, just wanted to give you a heads up so I could get your ears on.
Just getting started, don't even have the key on yet and I'm hearing relays go off in the dash, is it correct to assume no relay should be going off without a key in the ignition
I need the pin location diagram for the ECM on a 2006 Toyota Matrix

Good afternoon. I am here. Just a moment, please.

Here is the information that you have requested.

Okay I'll text you when I get home, I only had a couple hours to work because I have to watch two kids, I'm driving back home. I will message you
Do all highlighted wires need to be checked with ignition on, or with it off, or with both for certain wires?
The schematic doesn't say hot all times or hot with ignition on for highlighted wires
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you still need assistance?

Not now im just going to have to pay someone, the other guy, has been responding once every 2 to 3 hours, and it is totally made it where I don't have the time to fix it. I use you guys a lot and I like you but this one guy just threw information at me and never actually spoke with me but once every few hours. Just going to get my money back on this one I'll catch you guys on the next one.
just so you know when I paid less money for a medium answer I was getting much better assistance!

Just thought I would ask as I saw you may still needed help . Sorry for your miss guidance .

Np
Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 6 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

Do you still need help with your matrix? I have read through all of the messages but I would like a refresh as to what is going on.

How about we start over? whats seems to be the problem with your matrix?

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 6 months ago

I really wish I would have been the first one to find your question.....

I feel bad that you have been through all of that above because Toyota has an updated ECM to correct this issue. As you can see I have attached a TSB (technical service bulletin) that states you need a replacement ECM. I believe that you may even be able to have this covered under warranty still.

If you need any further assistance, please fell free to ask,

Nelson

Also can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 6 months ago

do you still need assistance with your problem?

Does anybody still have their ears on, since no one was able to help me with this question on this Toyota I have another question for the same Toyota and will not have to request my money back. If I can get some help.
Should be much easier, it's just about the AC system.
nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas