Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just buy toyota camry 2009 xle model on auction which they…

Customer Question
I just buy toyota...

I just buy toyota camry 2009 xle model on auction which they lost alarm key where can i get it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

Yes I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also this model has timing belt or chain

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

Unfortunately if they lost the alarm key then you will need to take it to the dealer to have a new key cut/programmed. Each key is programmed to the specific vehicle, so after it is made then they use the scan tool to connect it to the theft system in your car.

Does your Camry have the 2.4l engine? If yes, then it is a timing Belt, not chain. If your car has the v6 then it is going to be a chain.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this :)