Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Camry 4cly occasionally stalling at idle.... No CEL. No…

2007 Camry 4cly occasionally...

2007 Camry 4cly occasionally stalling at idle....

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No CEL. No Codes showing. Does not stall while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself. Thought it might be the IAC valve, but not sure if 2007 has one....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

11/4/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

The best way to do this is to drill a small hole into the piece that broke off and Tap a nail into the hole. Make sure you use a nail with a squared off tip so there are 4 points going into the round hole. DO NOT DRIVE THE NAIL IN. You just want to let the points grab onto the sides of the hole and turn the nail clockwise till the lights come on in the instrument cluster. The use a sheet rock screw to grab the piece and pull it out.

That has nothing to do with my issue....

I am so sorry I was working with a customer with a ford ranger and the screen changed. I will have to opt out and let another customer help you.

Wonderful......
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron a different expert.

The intermittent stalling at idle is most likely a defective idle motor ot throttle body if your idle motor is not removable

These parts can be checked and confirmed with a scan tool set in bidirectional mode.

Many parts stores loan out this tool too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

No worries... Was just looking for a place to start. Wish the damn thing was "in-front" of the motor, rather than behind it.... LOL

LOL, engineers never fix cars:)

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor