Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My 2007 corolla ce does not start sometimes. this am it

Customer Question
my 2007 corolla ce...
my 2007 corolla ce does not start sometimes. this am it started the first today the second time it took 12 attempts. I turn the key all lights come on but the engine doesnt turn over but it will start after several attempts
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: It should be good bought the car monday 10-30-17,, yes I can turn the steering wheel
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I take the key out wggle the steering wheel try again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: eventually starts
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
11/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Did the dash lights come on when it failed to start?

Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 1 month ago

Do you hear a click or ticking under hood when you try to start it?

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

Do you still require help with your corolla?

Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

While looking into the problem for you I have found that there is an extended warranty campaign for these corollas.

The engines main computer may develop cracks in the solder/circuit board, and toyota is willing to replace it under an extended warranty campaign. I would suggest calling your local dealer to see if the computer has already been replaced with an updated one.

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas