Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I can’t get the alarm off. 2003 Toyota celica gt 1.8 1zzFE.

I can’t get the...

I can’t get the alarm off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2003 Toyota celica gt 1.8 1zzFE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried doing the Turning the key to the on position five times in one minute

I only have one key.?
The car won’t turn on either?
10/31/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, Open the driver door and leave open, then turn the key in the ignition to the on position and leave in that position. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery for 1 minute and then reconnect. The alarm should sound for 1 minute and stop. Now turn the key in the ignition to off for 5 seconds and then crank engine

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
OMG YOU SAVED ME!! Thank you soooo much sir
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager