Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have toyota corolla 2007. On multipoint inspection, I was…

Customer Question
I have toyota corolla...

I have toyota corolla 2007. On multipoint inspection, I was told that I have water pump leaking. There is no outside symptom about that, no fluid on floor. I have only 45000 miles on car. I wanted to know if water pump starts leaking on such low mileage. What other symptoms should I look for?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

I have not seen leak myself but I was told that water pump is leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to first understand that what can go wrong with water pump? I have not decided how will I fix the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to understand the problem. so pl connect me to mechanic

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: carguy1, auto technician replied 8 months ago
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Many times when a water pump begins to leak, the coolant will leak out of the weep hole. This is a very slow leak that only happens when the car is running and a lot of the time it will not drip onto the floor, but rather burn off on the engine as it's running. What happens is the bearing inside the pump will wear in the race and this will cause the shaft to spin off center. This in turn damages the seal and causes the leak. About the only observation you will see is a slow drain in the amount of coolant in the car. Eventually the car can lose enough coolant to cause it to overheat.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!