Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 Prius- no power whatsoever. No it was running fine,

2009 Prius- no power...

2009 Prius- no power whatsoever

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No it was running fine, this morning I went to leave and there was zero power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

We haven’t tried anything yet- I heard you can’t really jump a Prius so I didn’t want to do anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The only thing I think could’ve happened was that maybe one of my kids turned the car on the day before and we didn’t know. It’s unlikely but that’s all I can think

10/30/2017
john
john, The Car Guy

the 12 volt battery is in the trunk and you can jump start it...do you know where the 12 volt battery is?

I don’t but I am sure my dad does- he was a mechanic.

in the passenger rear in the trunk the right side compartment opens to access.. if he can pull it charge it and test the 12 volt battery that may be the wisest...the battery may be failed

Sounds good- thank you

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

john
john, The Car Guy