Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 Camry 2.2L gas - replacing the exhaust system, and

2001 Camry 2.2L gas...

2001 Camry 2.2L gas - replacing the exhaust system , and purchased a universal - O2 sensor question- I foolishly ( in hindsight) dumped the old resonator pipe with the O2 sensor, so can't use it as a reference for wiring the new sensor. Any available wiring reference for my car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just it's an aftermarket system, and a Bosch universal O2 sensor.

10/26/2017
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

What is the color coding of the sensor wires you bought?

Don't have the device w/ me - I'm at work til 5:15 EDT
Bosch p/n 15733

standby as long as it was a bosch universal I can look it up.

Is this the sensor in the front manifold or in the front pipe under the car?

Downstream sensor after cat

the black wire on the vehicle or inside should correspond the black where the sensor that is the signal input to the computer. The tan wire on the should match up with the Brown wire on the vehicle harness that is the ground. The black wire with a yellow tracer from the vehicle harness should correspond with one of the white wires on and is the heater power wire or 12 V supply. The pink wire with a black tracer on the car harness should line up the other white wire on the sensor and provides the ground circuit for the heater element in the sensor the two white wires are basically just in and out doesn't matter which one goes to which wire as I listed. Please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at three or higher.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Great- that's what I needed Thanks

You are welcome.