Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The engine is consistantly overheating. Checked leaks and…

Customer Question
Hi. the engine is...

Hi. the engine is consistantly overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Checked leaks and added coolant everytime i open the hood there is water everywhere also does not provide hot air inside the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 toyota camry v6 3.5L 2GR-FE engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

The engine also throws multiple or sometimes one missfire code for various cylinders i have replaced fuel pump with filter,radiator, both 02 sensors, pcv valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I get a ECM code

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the first thing you need to do is have the coolant system pressure tested to see where its leaking from.

are you there?

How can it be done? Also would this cause a misfiring issue?
hi yes

coolant all ove the place could get into connectors. regardless, this is the first thing that needs done. you need a coolant pressure test set. auto zone my have one as a loaner

i will attempt to verify the coolant pressure system. keep in mind radiator was damaged few weeks ago and i have replaced it with a new one. ever since the vehicle has had this problem.
David, is it possible to contact you on here later? or does this have to be done at this very moment.

you can contact me whenever you;d like

thank you.

you bet

i have replaced so many parts on this single vehicle i am right about to go crazy i am glad i came across you.

I feel ya. we'll figure it out

David, the vehicle additionally now refuses to start. it throws a code for crankshaft position sensor. Any insight?

Lets not worry about all of these issues until the leak is found and fixed. the sensor probably got wet

hows it going?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician