Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drove my 2007 Toyota Prius home and engine won't shut off…

Customer Question
Drove my 2007 Toyota...

Drove my 2007 Toyota Prius home and engine won't shut off and unable to remove key/fob from slot. How do I shut off the engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

The fob is in the slot and unable to remove it, so no.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's 10:30 PM so no dealer is open, so if there is a way to fix it, I will try. So far have tried pushing the on/off button and remo

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The lights on the dash quit lighting up

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Toyota
No one got back to me so I kept trying things and I now have the engine turned off. Thanks anyway. I want to end this program now.
Answered in 4 days by:
10/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is there anything else I can help with on this here?

Let me know,thanks Pete