Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Drove my 2007 Toyota Prius home and engine won't shut off

Customer Question
Drove my 2007 Toyota Prius...
Drove my 2007 Toyota Prius home and engine won't shut off and unable to remove key/fob from slot. How do I shut off the engine?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: The fob is in the slot and unable to remove it, so no.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's 10:30 PM so no dealer is open, so if there is a way to fix it, I will try. So far have tried pushing the on/off button and remo
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The lights on the dash quit lighting up
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No one got back to me so I kept trying things and I now have the engine turned off. Thanks anyway. I want to end this program now.
Answered in 4 days by:
10/26/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is there anything else I can help with on this here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician