Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I am noticing a smell from my carpets i found out its

hello JA: Hello. How can I...
hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i am noticing a smell from my carpets i found out its leaking water some how i am trying to find clogged evap drain tube 2015 tundra
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: its inside the car on the passenger side carpets defintely water
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
10/21/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you been operating your A/C lately?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Usually it drips water on the driveway but nothing. Im trying to find the AC evap drain tube but I don't see it anywhere

one other question. do you have a sunroof? are both front carpets wet or just one?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No sunroof and only passenger side. I pulled back all the carpet and I'm running the AC now but no leak

The drain for the A/C is on the passenger side around to firewall area at the lower portion small rubber tube. Do not use air pressure to clean it as this may blow it off the other end. What I use is a piece of weed wacker cable.Works like a rotor-router.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Are you sure on a 2015 tundra? I am looking and I do not see it

trick, usually a spider gets in there and makes a web.

yes sure cross member may be hiding it , I'll see if I can find a pick for you. hang on

I stand corrected as they moved it on some models, look at the top of the bell housing but at the fire wall area

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hmmm I can't really see on top of the bell housing from the top or bottom.... any suggestions on how to get eyes on there?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Wait I see it!
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It's a huge hole dripping water let me poke in there
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Let me see if I can find something to get in there it's about a 2"x2" rectangle

let me know how your doing

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I'm not sure how to clear it let me see if I can get a picture

have you got any weed wacker trim line? that's what I use to run it into the hole

that is not the drain look directly behind it there is a small hole poke in that

the back

it looks as though you could put something up into that plastic piece , have you tried a wire

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I have a compressor should I try air?

sure give it a shot

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
What should I expect if it clears? Will water pour out?

If you can wait till tomorrow I can check my shop manuals

yea if it is plugged it will rush out

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Do you think the black piece is the actual drain or just where the water is coming out of because it's plugged?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hot damn! The compressor seems to have worked water came rushing out. Let me fire it up and see if it leaks

Page

1

of 1

VEHICLE INTERIOR: HEATING/AIR CONDITIONING

TIP2759

Tech Tip

July 13, 201

7

Title

:

HVAC Evaporator Drain Hose Clogged Due to

Insect Intrusion

Models:

All Applicable Models

Condition:

Some vehicles in particular geographic areas may exhibit a condition where the HVAC Evaporator

Drain Hose has become obstructed with an insect nest. We recommend the use of Wilson Spider Ban

or an equivalent insect control and repellant product.

yea! now see the tip I sent as this is usually what clogs those drains , now you have to dry things out and teat for mold and mildew.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Any tips for the carpet?

If you have a shop vac that will be a good start to suck up most of the wet , then let sit in sun with doors and windows open.

after dried out sprinkle some dry carpet cleaner on the rugs and let sit for half day then vacuum again, that should get things smelly nice .

also you can run A/C with all windows and doors closed , put vent on fresh or outside air and spray some A/c treatment into the cowling vents for about 10-15 seconds and let sit for about 15 min before opening. this will kill the bacteria

You can get vehicle A/c TREATMENT AT MOST AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLY SHOPS.

Is there anything further I can do for you?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
That's it thanks!

Your welcome, please take the time to rate my service .

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician