Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I accidentally rearranged my ignition coils and need to

Customer Question
I accidentally rearranged my...

I accidentally rearranged my ignition coils and need to figure out how to put them over the correct spark plug on my corolla 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

No, but it’s running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I’m working on it myself, I haven’t tried much so far, I removed the valve cover and realized that I didn’t organize the ignition coils and forgot which goes where, I don’t know how to figure out which goes where

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/18/2017
Toyota Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

The wiring to the coils lays down in the valley and is only long enough to reach each coil. It does not matter which coil goes in which spark plug hole. They are interchangeable.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician