Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have Toyota Prius 2005 and it has red triangle problem, no

Customer Question
I have Toyota Prius 2005...
I have Toyota Prius 2005 and it has red triangle problem
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I did not fix it by myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/17/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

does the car run?

is the check engine light on as well or only the red triangle master warning light?

Has it been checked for diagnostic codes yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car is running, red triangle comes and go. the check engine light is not on so I did not check for diagnostic codes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need an answer in writing, there is Toyota Mechanic's response for 1 Oct 2011 for the same problem:
That's all I needed to know. Here's the botXXXXX XXXXXne the sensor that is causing this problem is mounted to the left side of the under body towards the left rear wheel.Can you give me name of this sensor?

S​orry for the delay, for some reason that part is crossed out

"Here's the botXXXXX XXXXXne the sensor that is causing this problem is mounted to the left side of......."

Is the sensor in the exhaust pipe?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Toyota Mechanic's responsed on 1 Oct 2011:"It is mounted to the left side of the under body towards the left rear wheel. "Do you know name of this sensor?

I​t sounds like it's the left rear wheel speed sensor, not sure, can you send a picture?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician