Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My Toyota Verso VVT - i 16 valve engine just cut out (Engine

light come on) while I...
My Toyota Verso VVT - i 16 valve engine just cut out (Engine light come on) while I was diving and since then it don't want to start. What can be the problem?
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Yes, the vehicle stalled. Nobody has run a diagnostic test as yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Verso 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: One of my relative. He though it was the starter problem but the starter was checked and serviced but it does the same thing of not starting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to know what the fault is and how to fix the problem.
10/17/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Is the starter engaging to crank over the engine when trying to start it with this issue here?

Has anything been checked or tested for this issue at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, Pete. The starter was checked and serviced and then put back but does not crank the engine. I believe the starter is not the problem as the engine cut out while the vehicle was in motion.

This can be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch.I have seen the electronic ignition switch fail in the past before causing this issue here with it needing replaced.It can fail electronically internally suddenly causing a stall out and a no crank/no start issue like your seeing here now.

If you havent yet since the engine light came on I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

The ignition switch signals would need checked with a compatible scan tool/computer as well to see if it is faulty as well as tested electronically to verify it is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Who can assist me with a compatible scan tool or computer to indicate the fault codes checked/printout to locate the fault.

Usually this will require a higher end scan tool that most shops or a dealer would have to then help diagnose to locate the fault.In some cases a local parts or tool store may rent out their scan tool to do this testing as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** will consult you more assistance

Your welcome

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician