Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1999 land cruiser, V8, 4.7 liter - the variable speed fan…

Customer Question
1999 land cruiser, V8...

1999 land cruiser, V8, 4.7 liter - the variable speed fan switch just went to "off or high" mode ... NO intermittent speeds. Is this an electrical problem or a bad switch? Please advise. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Land Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just inquiring ... try to repair myself, if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This problem began this summer and winter is fast approaching!!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
10/17/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Sorry about the wait. Did the speeds inbetween go out one by one or at the same time?

All at the same time.
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

The symptom you are experiencing is usually caused by a faulty blower controller.

Do I have the blower replaced or the controller repaired?
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

The controller is the problem. If a blower motor is faulty, the fan will not work at any speed.

I'm thinking I need to get it to the Toyota shop for repair...
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, the part is available from toyota only. There are some aftermarket options available but tehy dont last very long.

Thank you for your assistance.
Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Toyota Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer